Upcoming Award Deadlines
The Faculty of Medicine Research Office maintains a directory of prestigious external awards. Quickly approaching deadlines for these recognition opportunities are tracked below.
If you plan to submit a nomination for a national or international honour or award, please notify Daniel Harney (firstname.lastname@example.org), 416-978-3488) in the Faculty of Medicine Research Office. The Research Office provides support and oversight for major award nominations.
- Killam Prize Internal Deadline: June 1, 2016. Nomination Deadline: June 15, 2016.
- Society for Neuroscience Awards Nomination Deadline: June 3, 2016.
- Julius Axelrod Prize for distinguished achievements in neuropharmacology
- Ralph W. Gerard Prize for significant career contributions to neuroscience
- Jacob P. Waletzky Award for research in substance abuse and the brain/nervous system
- Swartz Prize for Theoretical and Computational Neuroscience
- Eppendorf and Science Prize for Neurobiology Nomination Deadline: June 15, 2016.
- L'Oreal-UNESCO Women in Science Nomination Deadline: June 20, 2016.
- Canadian Medical Hall of Fame Nomination Deadline: June 27, 2016.
- AAAS Newcomb Cleveland Prize Nomination Deadline: June 30, 2016.
- BMVA Frontiers of Knowledge Awards Nomination Deadline: June 30, 2016.
- Steacie Prize for Natural Sciences Nomination Deadline: June 30, 2016,
- Manpei Suzuki International Prize for Diabetes Research Nomination Deadline: July 1, 2016.
- Royal-Mach-Gaensslen Prize for Mental Health Research Nomination Deadline: July 15, 2016.
- Wallace H. Coulter Award for Lifetime Achievement in Hematology Nomination Deadline: July 15, 2016.
- Research Canada Leadership Award Nomination Deadline: July 29, 2016.
- Prix Galien Canada Nomination Deadline: July 31, 2016.
- Research Award
- Innovative Drug Product Award
- Banting Medal for Scientific Achievement Nomination Deadline: August 26, 2016.
- Harrington Prize for Innovation in Medicine Nomination Deadline: August 29, 2016.
- Wolf Prize Nomination Deadline: August 31, 2016.
- CIHR Gold Leaf Prizes Nomination Deadline: September 6, 2016.
For assistance with nominations, please contact:
Daniel Harney, PhD
Grants & Awards Editor